Tasks & responsibilities
As a team leader mechanical, you manage all team-members in the follow-up and efficient execution of projects within the field of piping and mechanics and you are the main contact point with the client for discussion on technical level.
- Project planning: generate and keep up-to-date the partial project planning of the team as part of the overall planning. Take corrective actions in case of planning deviations, in coordination with the Project Manager;
- Budget: follow-up and analyse the project working hours. Watch over the continuity of the project and optimize the efficiency of the project.
- Project execution: start-up of the subproject with an internal kick-off. Manage, plan and follow-up the team work packages. Overlook the correct implementation of the project scope. Make clear arrangements in the division of tasks between the team-members. Manage and coach the team members during the project. Discuss of organizational and substantive information and questions with the client, in accordance with the Project Manager. Organise regular consultation of the team-members for feedback.
- Quality: guard the global quality in form and content of the team-work-packages. Be attentive to possible improvement trajectories during the project. Organize and make available existing knowledge and information within the Design & Engineering Office. Maintain and expand the individual knowledge and expertise.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- You minimally have a bachelor degree in Mechanical/shipbuilding or equal;
- You minimally have five years of work experience, preferably in a team leading role with a focus on piping or mechanics;
- Knowledge of Cadmatic-outfitting is a plus but not a must;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written;