This is an opportunity for you to be responsible for supervision of construction works executed by contractors to ensure Department's assigned projects are constructed in accordance with the approved Scope of Work, engineering design, QHSE standards & specifications. Review and provide comments on construction method statements, material submittals, commissioning procedures from start of construction of projects till completion and handover to end users.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Supervise the site construction/installation of work of relevant engineering disciplines of assigned Construction contracts and ensure that the work is carried out in safe manner and in compliance with Scope of Work, approved Engineering Standards and Specifications.
- Participate in constructability reviews as and when required.
- Review contractors's construction plans and schedules including method statements and JSAs.
- Coordinate and control the mobilization of contractors to sites including site lay down areas.
- Facilitate issuance of necessary permits and Gate passes when requested by Contractors.
- Check, inspect and test completed project work and/or arrange appropriate pre-commissioning inspections and tests. Initiate Mechanical Completion Certificates.
- Ensure and follow up completion and clearance of all Punch list items.
- Review and endorse red marked up and 'as built' drawings.
- Participate in hand over and acceptance, review commissioning procedures and participate in the commissioning of facilities.
- Review and endorse Construction Dossier for the assigned projects.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution and approved program.
Minimum of 8 years experience as Civil Engineer on high rise buildings.
Experience in the implementation of industry best practices and systems, processes and standards related to construction.
Good skills in construction management and leadership, team building, effective communication and conflict resolution.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English & Romanian