P&ID (or diagram) Engineer works on several tasks in the area of Mechanical Engineering. This person is responsible for the basic engineering of ship systems based upon piping flow diagrams (PFD’s), the ships specifications, classification rules and internal standards. The engineer delivers the basis for the pipe routing in the ships 3D model and supports the activities during design-, build- and commissioning phases. Calculating and determination of the right sizes of piping is also part of the responsibilities, together with drafting P&ID’s during the basic engineering phase.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designs ship systems for maritime projects based on Piping Flow Diagrams, ship-specifications, (class) rules and regulations;
- Carries out or manages the calculations on sizes of piping;
- Carries out in detail technical discussions and with other colleagues;
- Calculates and draws Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's);
- Defines required components and registers each component into PDM-system (eg team-center);
- Checks data issued by the suppliers and makes sure the communication and interfacing is in line with the technical specification department.
- Minimally a bachelor degree or equal with experience;
- Minimally 5 years of experience with piping systems in the Maritime or Offshore industry;
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software (Microstation or AutoCAD or Cadmatic-Piping);
- Able to communicate good with internal and external parties;